Monday, January 14, 2008

Running into my past

Well yesterday I found a piece of poetry(or something like it ) I had written in the 9th or 10th grade and goodness is it morbid. I didnt even recognise my own work , a little shocked ,anyway I think it would an interesting read and for those who never seen this side of me ,well there are lots of things you don't know about me , here is one of them . I haven't thought of a title for this one so suggestions are most welcome .


Standing alone , the cold rain washes away my tears

Faces in the distance smile and sympathise, but on different levels we do not merge ,their sympathy means nothing

No one usually gets past the outer sphere , but those few whom I hold so near seem so far away

And truth be told being a loner is not my thing I doubt it is anyone's

I long for someone , but somehow still let very few in

I hate standing alone in the rain, I cut myself to feel again even if its just pain

Numbness is not unknown to me

I have little happiness and very little joy , but those moments have passed on into oblivion

Well I have to smile and carry on , but I'll always be waiting for to pass me by again my friend

I miss the things we did , thoughts we shared basically just you

I would give up many things to have those moments back , to be with them and call them dear

But life drags everyone in a different direction and in each there is a lesson to be learnt ,a lesson that will change who you are forever

I was happy the way I was ,then pulled into this new street, into solitude

I'll wait and learn and then hopefully see light and happiness again

Till then farewell dear ones , till we meet again .


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desidollllll!

What's happening?!

Desiree Alemao said...

what happened you mean.. its an old piece.. no comment nigel ??

Anonymous said...

So u too in the gang of people who keep writing/plagiarising depressing notes?

Desiree Alemao said...

no nigel i dont anymore that was a blast from the past lol. . life isnt the worst thing that happened to me its not all bad the world isnt after my happiness either